Apart from Christmas parties and an abundance of office chocolate, December usually means an inbox clogged with email updates on the latest research, insights and tech trends from the year. To save you some trawling time, we decided to highlight five reports and the insights that caught our attention.
1. Kotlin is the fastest growing language this year.
2. YouTube, not Stack Overflow, is where Generation Z (14-23 year olds) learn new coding skills and work through problems. [HackerRank]
3. Age bias in the tech sector starts early…according to founders in the State of Startups report. [State of StartUps 2018]
4. Despite Brexit, the UK remains the number one destination for all international movers into the European tech ecosystem…but Germany, France, the Netherlands, and Spain are catching up. [The State of European Tech]
5. The unintended consequences of GDPR – both good and bad – were far reaching. The slow death of free services – specifically those smaller companies where data has been the product – is one that jumps out.
Zartis helps companies grow their software development capabilities. Our services include IT Consulting, Staff Augmentation, Nearshore and Extended Development Teams. For more information about our services get in touch!