In a world where technology is reshaping how we do everything, students and educators seek custom Edtech software tailored to modern learning requirements. Moreover, Edtech software is improving learning outcomes better than the traditional educational system.
A critical problem Edtech is helping to solve is students’ engagement and attendance in learning institutions. Post-COVID-19, many school leaders have complained about plummeting attendance and engagement in classes and seminars. This situation poses a real threat to the future of the youth and their relevance in society.
Therefore, developing the right Edtech software for teachers is a top priority! This post discusses how to build Edtech software, taking into account the essential features that can help your Edtech platform stand out.
Read on if you’re looking to become one of the Edtech software companies that most learning institutions can trust.
What is Edtech software?
Edtech software development encompasses hardware, software, and pedagogical approaches to improve learning experiences. The Edtech software industry has significantly revolutionised the educational landscape by making learning more convenient, effective, and accessible.
Below are some specific ways Edtech software is improving the learning landscape:
- Improves student attendance and participation: Edtech software is a strategic tool for boosting student engagement and attendance. With built-in features that ethically monitor attendance while fostering engagement, Edtech platforms can empower students to participate in their educational journey.
- Facilitates personalised learning: Different learners have different needs and preferences. Edtech software can offer adaptive learning features, interactive simulations, and self-paced courses, allowing students to learn at their own pace and in ways that cater to their unique learning styles.
- Provides engaging digital content: Students are no longer limited to hardcover textbooks and physical classroom lectures. Edtech software offers a variety of digital learning materials, including interactive games, video content, and AI tutors, making learning more engaging and interactive.
- Improves accessibility: Students with disabilities can leverage Edtech software features to overcome learning barriers. With functions such as text-to-speech, voice recognition, and auto-captioning, students with disabilities can overcome everyday challenges of the classroom.
- Enhances communication and collaboration: Edtech tools allow students and teachers to interact seamlessly, inside and outside the classroom. The collaborative features on Edtech platforms can foster more dynamic learning environments and encourage peer-to-peer learning.
- Offers data-driven insights: Edtech software can track students’ progress and performance, providing valuable data for improving teaching methods, assessing individual needs, and personalising learning experiences.
What are the features of the best Edtech software?
The best Edtech software has multiple features that make learning interactive, more convenient, and easily accessible. They include:
1. User-friendly design
Software that satisfies the target market must prioritise user experience and satisfaction. Edtech platforms should focus on simplicity and quick navigation, making it easy for educators and students to engage with the software seamlessly without a steep learning curve.
Additionally, Edtech software should be intuitive for tech-savvy users and those less familiar with digital tools. Prioritising the users when designing an Edtech platform will promote efficient use and also foster a positive and inclusive learning environment for all participants.
2. Accessibility for all
Reliable Edtech software should be accessible to different people, including those with disabilities, creating an inclusive learning environment. Features such as adaptive learning paths, screen reader compatibility, and customizable interfaces can promote a user-friendly experience for all learners.
Also, features like automatic captioning, keyboard navigation, and multilingual support further enhance accessibility, fostering an environment where students with disabilities can engage with educational content effectively.
3. Dynamic learning functionalities
In contrast with traditional learning techniques, Edtech software should provide dynamic content creation features that empower educators to design engaging lessons. Such features allow teachers to create interactive quizzes, polls, and presentations while integrating videos and simulations to enhance students’ learning experience.
Edtech software should offer robust assessment capabilities, enabling educators to use diverse question formats and real-time result analysis to assess learners’ performances. The best Edtech platforms also allows teachers to upload documents, use screen recording, and share their screens to impart a personal learning touch.
4. Top-notch performance
Speed and stability are non-negotiable for an optimal learning experience. Any hint of lagging pages or unexpected crashes while using Edtech platforms can disrupt the learning flow and frustrate educators and students. That said, Edtech tools should be scalable and maintain a reliable infrastructure.
A reliable Edtech solution ensures uninterrupted access to educational resources, seamless navigation, and quick response times. The tool must prioritise top-level, seamless performance, whether delivering content in real-time, facilitating collaborative projects, or conducting assessments.
Gamification in Edtech is a game-changer, as it makes learning fun by injecting playful elements like points, badges, leaderboards, and challenges to motivate learners. The feature fosters engagement and supports healthy competition among learners, inspiring them toward their academic goals.
Gamification in Edtech improves education through virtual rewards, interactive learning adventures, and collaborative achievements. As students tackle challenges, earn badges, compete with others, and explore topics with playful innovation, their excitement increases. As a result, they become more involved in their education.
6. AI-powered learning assistant
Embedding an AI-powered learning virtual assistant in Edtech software enables personalised support and guidance for students.
Whether in the form of chatbots or virtual tutors, students can use AI tools to get quick answers to questions, find helpful tips for challenging concepts, and much more. This can help cultivate a sense of autonomy and confidence in students as they navigate their academic journey.
7. Security and privacy
Reliable Edtech programs have the solid infrastructure to guarantee and maintain a secure learning environment for educators and learners. Since safety and privacy are huge concerns, Edtech software incorporates robust data protection through user authentication and other security protocols. These security features help ensure only authorised users are able to access the platform.
Building custom Edtech software with Zartis
Edtech software fosters education and improves learning outcomes better than traditional learning. However, these benefits only come to life when your Edtech platform is built with the right features tailored to educators and students.
The need to align with modern learning requirements is why many businesses partner with Zartis to develop Edtech platforms. Zartis is an expert software development outsourcing company that has helped businesses and startups navigate the intricacies of the Edtech software development industry.
Furthermore, in an AI-driven ecosystem, it’s imperative your Edtech software development company leverages AI. You can trust Zartis for comprehensive AI consulting services to create powerful AI-integrated Edtech software. Reach us to begin your Edtech software development journey!